Zerminar12's RP Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin
https://zerminar12rpcenter.rpg-board.net

The Council is Called to an Assembly Empty The Council is Called to an Assembly

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:57 am
All of a sudden councilman Fushiyama receives a message on his communication device. The wrist watch-like implement releases a sharp beeping noise and the screen flashes bright green.

"Ugh, another meeting. Didn't we have five this morning alone! I'm telling you, the Council has gone out of control. Making legislature left and right!" Fushiyama moans.

"Perhaps they do it because, I don't know, it's your job to make laws? Anyways, this will prove to be an excellent time to alert the Council of this recent disturbance." The Chief Engineer suggests.

"Shit, I forgot to make a recording, they won't be happy about that." Fushiyama sighs "Alright, you go ahead, I'm going to go take care of some personal business first."

"Very well Councilman, but I am not going to cover for you should the Council complain of your tardiness." says the Chief Engineer begrudgingly.

The Chief Engineer makes his way out of the sterile white breakroom and into a chamber filled with clear human-sized tubes. He moves over to a panel and presses a button labeled 2-0-0. The Engineer approaches the tube nervously before the artificial vacuum sucks him in. All of a sudden he is flying through a clear pipe passing numerous other men and women in nearby tubes. As the Chief Engineer approaches the end of his tube there is a burst of air pushing against his body, slowing him down enough to land comfortably. His body thuds against the soft cushion placed at the end of the vacuum pipe and struggles onto his feet before patting his body down. Then he walks out of the transportation chamber and into a vast chamber filled with 24 seats.

"It is about time you arrive Chief Engineer Nakawa, don't tell me you were off dawdling on some crackpot invention." whines one of the guards stationed near the door.

"I will apologize to the rest of the Department Heads after the meeting but there was an unexpected emergency I had to attend to," says Chief Engineer Nakawa.

The Chief Engineer takes his seat among the other Department Heads. Currently only half of the Department leaders are present while the Council of the Pure has only a handful of its membership in attendance. The present members of the Dome's government anxiously await the arrival of the remaining members so as to begin the meeting proper.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

The Council is Called to an Assembly Empty Re: The Council is Called to an Assembly

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 am
Across the room, a set of double doors opens loudly, as a talll man wearing a lab coat adorned with gold trim stomps through. His face demonstrates his irritation, as he scowls at the guard to his left and yells, “You, kid. Get that damn look off your face before I stitch it that way permanently!” The guard’s face was the picture of apathy and neutrality; he did not change his face as the Chief Researcher continued to spout his irritations. “Five! Five? I’m drawing the line here. Anymore meetings today and I will flood this room with neurotoxins and melt all your idiotic brains into a white matter soup.”
He pulls out his chair and plops down onto the cushioned seat. He turns his head towards the Chief Engineer, and in a voice that sounds like he’s making an effort to sound friendly, he says, “Good morning, Chief Engineer Nakawa. Or is it afternoon? These damn monkeys have me busy so much I can’t even look at a fucking clock. Anyway, do you know what this meeting’s about?”
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

The Council is Called to an Assembly Empty Re: The Council is Called to an Assembly

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:37 pm
A dark-skinned man in a business suit enters the chamber with confidence and grace. His head is adorned with a plain red turban and his right wrist bears a rare ornate gold watch, clearly a relic of the Old World. As he enters the chamber the guards turn their faces slightly away from him and many of the Council members in attendance quiet themselves.

"Hasan, you are not required for this meeting. The purpose of this meeting is mostly to discuss some... important matters with the Department Heads." suspiciously mutters Councilwoman Sayaka Aishi.

"No need to be coy Madam Aishi, I simply wish to be here to observe and advise the Council to the best of my abilities. You see, I believe that my expertise in communication skills could be helpful here." Hasan says.

Abdul walks over to a corner of the chamber and sits on the ground legs crossed. While he appears upset that the Council has not yet taken the time to install him a seat, Hasan seems perfectly comfortable sitting cross legged. He glances over at the Department Heads and gives them a suspicious smile.

THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE
THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm
At that moment a side door opened, revealing the form of a short, stocky man with a prosthetic hand. He enters the room, gaining the attention of several council members. He walks up to his seat, and sits down visibly annoyed.

"Ah Mr. Hirotada, your here late." snarkily remarks Councilman Hata Seika

"I apologize for my tardiness, I had some business arrangements that had to be taken care of immediately. I finished them as fast as I was able to." said Mr. Hirotada.

"Probably lost another scavenging team to the Kelly Gang again." Councilman Seika remarked under his breath.

Mr. Hirotada hears this and shoots a vile glance at Seika.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:42 pm
A small hunched man in a suit trots into the open doors of the meeting room. The fat little man reaches the seating area of the department heads, and begins panting, already out of breath from the 'run'. He wipes his hand through what little hair is remaining on his balding head as he clears his throat, "My apologies to the council for the tardiness, you see, I had a few calls to make.." He says in a high-pitch whine as he wrings his hands together. "Head of human resources Taksu now present" says Taksu as he scrambles into his raised chair. A pleasant smile is plastered on his face, and he's soon lost in though.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 pm
"Seika-san, please restrain any passive aggressive comments. After all, we are here today to make a very important announcement to the Department Heads." calmly admonishes Hasan.

Once more Hasan gives the Department Heads a glee smirk that raises some confusion and intense scrutiny. Nakawa looks noticeably worried by his overly cordial behavior and Aishi shoots Hasan a cold glare even more brutal than that of Hirotada. In spite of the tension, Hasan relaxes and removes his turban. He looks to the numerous empty seats curiously and places his hand upon his chin.

"I wonder why so many Council members are busy at once?It is quite curious don't you think?" Hasan muses.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:51 pm
Chief Researcher Puriuri begins to scowl (though he never really stopped) and exclaims, “Would you shut your rambling mouth and just get on with it, you dirt-skinned ninny? I’m a very busy man and I don’t have time to waste in puerile pap pouring forth from your face.” He clenches his fist, probably debating whether to throw a nearby chair or just continue his vicious rant. He decides neither are worth the effort and slumps back into his cushy seat.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 pm
"... and then the idiot peasant got his ass mowed down by the machine guns mounted on it! I'm telling you it was wild! If that Nakawa hadn't distracted me I could've gotten it all on tape!" shouts Fushiyama excitedly.

Walking alongside him is Councilwoman Catherine Jichirou. While she is facing him she appears to be very disinterested in their conversation. As the two of them enter the chamber Ms. Jichirou clasps her head in frustration while Fushiyama reveals a large and ridiculous grin.

"Here I was stressing over being late for an incredibly important meeting and most of the Department Heads are missing and half the damn council! They better show up!" Ms. Jichirou scowls.

Fushiyama looks exceedingly happy with himself and hops into his chair with bravado and glee. Ms. Jichirou on the other hand slowly and loudly stomps her way to her seat where she makes a big show of sitting down angrily.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm
One of the guards walks to the center of the chamber and approaches the speaking lectern. He then proceeds to announce into a microphone:

"Ladies and gentleman of the government. It appears that the remaining council members have been delayed and thus we will begin the session."

The guard meekly backs away from the podium and shuffles back to his post awkwardly. He turns to the other guard and the two have a whispered conversation with much frantic gesturing. Councilwoman Jichirou appears immeasurably pissed while Councilwoman Aishi simply sighs. With much joy, Hasan lifts himself off the ground and takes one of the absent Council members comfortable seats. Fushiyama looks incredibly unphased by this turn of events and appears almost happy.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:07 pm
"If they're late, I say we just start without them. Would serve them right.." whines Taksu as he glances around with a sigh. He turns to Fushiyama, and begins with a smile, "I believe I had some camera's stationed around gate 1-C, or something of the like. I'll email them to you after the meeting.", and then he continues in a mutter, "The real show hasn't even started yet after all."

As Ms. Jichirou enters the room, he stares a little too long at her, and dips his head. "Nice of you to join us Ms. Jichirou. You look lovely, as usual." says Taksu wringing his hands.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:10 pm
Catherine barely glances at Taksu, a remarkable feat given her firm desire to recognize other's existence as little as possible. She approaches the center stage of the chamber and places several sheets of notes upon the lectern.

"My fellow Council members, I would like to bring to your attention a matter that has for far too long been ignored." Catherine boldly exclaims.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 pm
She coughs into her arm before continuing, "You see long ago when our great Founders established the sanctuary of the Dome they designed the government which we now employ. According to Article III of the Foundational Documents, there are to be two main governing bodies. These bodies are of course the Council and the Departments of Advancement. While the Council acts as the legislative branch that determines the programs and policies of the Sovereign Dome, our dear colleagues in the Departments are charged with specialized tasks varying from enforcing the laws to managing the bureaucracy."
Catherine flips over her prepared speech page and grows noticeably excited in anticipation of her next words. "Yet the Departments have become bloated and unspecialized. Each subsequent government has invested more power in the Departments than necessary and thus destabilized our government. I propose that we restore the Sovereignty of the Dome to its original state by appealing the amendment that grants the Department Heads voting power in the Council. This would bring balance to the branches of government and ensure the "freedom" of the Dome's citizens." As she concludes her monologue Catherine gives a large smile to the Council and returns to her seat as the debating begins.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm
Royik begins agitatedly, “You cannot be serious, bitch. The department heads are the only reason why the council men aren’t skewered by raiders or living out in the wastes without a dome to protect them. Without our input, you would have no fucking clue how to keep everything running perfectly. I’ll leave the councilmen to deal with the citizens, but leave the department heads to make the real important decisions; don’t you agree Chief Engineer Kakawa?”
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:22 pm
Chief Engineer Nakawa shrugs, "I was never a big fan of these meetings anyway. The way I see it the Departments will still do the same old work they have always done and have more time to do it without having to attend debates and argue over politics. I vote yes. Period."
THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE
THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 pm
"This is an outrage!" Mr. Hirotada exclaims

"While the councilmen squabble about petty laws the departments are the ones actually doing the tasks to make our government run! Face it at this point the departments are more important than the council at this point in time! I vote firmly no!" Mr. Hirotada looks at the other department heads for support.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am
Taksu nods as Hirotada looks around. "Yes, yes, precisely. While the council of pure-bloods may be the heart of Neo-Tokyo, were indisputably the rest of it!" Taksu says as he finishes with a gulp, and glances around nervously at the many empty chairs of the department heads.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 pm
Councilwoman Aishi looks incredibly unimpressed by Taksu and Hirotada's arguments.

"Tell me Hirotada who has consistently failed at quelling some backwater raiders? Was it the Council? Yes, was it the Council who hasn't made any significant progress with the single task they've been assigned for God knows how long? And you Taksu, what oh so important task does the Head of Human Resources do that requires a modicum of political power? You're a glorified middle manager. Some Department Heads might do important work and have well-educated perspectives to add to the Council's session yet there are far too many incompetent fools such as you two. I vote yes on the proposition to weaken the Department Heads."

Hasan shifts his eyes between the Department Heads and the Council, the more observant onlookers might catch the slightest glimpse of amusement from the otherwise seemingly serious diplomat.

Fushiyama seems noticeably excited by the ruckus caused by Councilwomen Catherine's proposal.

"Finally, something worth debating! Today we had five goddamn meetings discussing zoning laws, expansions to the Dome, and what decorations to put in the goddamn breakroom. Now, THIS is a matter worth discussing. As for my opinion, I feel that Hirotada-san and Taksu-san make excellent points. On the other hand, it is true that the Department has grown noticeably more powerful since the founding of the Dome. Now as for which side I conclusively concur with... I shall vote no on the proposal."

"What!" Catherine angrily shouts with a look of shock.

"Taksu here is the only one of you goddamn bureaucratic robots that knows a good time when he sees it. Not to mention seeing Royik lose his shit during meetings is comedy gold. Without the Departments, I'm stuck listening to some heartless political automatons ramble on about whether or not we should enforce regulations on the quality and safety of nutrient paste. I vote no."
THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE
THESHINIESTMEATBICYCLE

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 pm
Seika looks around, taking into account all that has been said. He takes a deep breath and speaks.

"I agree with you Ms.Catherine. I do believe that the departments have been unable to properly do the tasks they have been assigned, with no significant advances in quite some time. However, with this I do not believe stripping power from the department heads is the answer to our problems here. Their opinions are just as important as the opinions of council members and that getting rid of their power will cause some, schisms, within our current committee . So I vote no on this proposition. Instead I forward that we as council members begin to take a more vested interest in the doings of departments, to ensure that their jobs are completed to the standards that we expect from them.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01 am
“This is outra-“ Royik stops as Seika begins to agree that the Departments heads shouldn’t be removed from office. He clenches his teeth and begins, “Hey! How dare you say we aren’t making advancements? I don’t know about the other pissants, but I am on the verge of greatness in my field. But if you get in my way, you’ll face the full wrath of my science.” He stands from his seat and stomps towards the doors, back to his lab.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:40 am
Taksu glares Aisha, then shifts his gaze to Royik as he's leaving. "Royik, I would caution you against leaving. If you leave this hall now, your essentially forfeiting any further votes to these blue-blooded.." he coughs, "Councilmen." As Taksu speaks, he glances to a corner of the room, and then returns his gaze to Aisha. "As for you questioning my contributions, I'll have you know my recent campaigns against potentially dangerous mutants have all gone wildly successful. Need I remind you of the Purity Crusade? We had those monsters doing all the work for us! Of course I wouldn't expect any of you in the council to have heard of doings beyond the dome, its a wonder you can hear anything at all with your heads shoved so far up your asses!" Taksu takes a deep breath, and with a mischievous smirk, slinks out of his chair.

Taksu takes a few steps towards the center of the chamber, his arms folded behind his back, and he clears his throat. "But you do bring up a solid point Ms. Catherine, the voting rights of some of the people in this room should be called into question. But, should it be the department heads, men and women who have earned their seat through contribution to our great Neo-Tokyo?" Taksu glances about the room, cocking an eyebrow. "Or perhaps ought the voting rights of the council be called into question?" As Taksu finishes, he levels a stare at Ms. Catherine.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 am
Royik stops before the door and looks back. This new development seems to pique his interest as he slinks back to his seat. He laces his fingers together and, resting his elbows on the table, holds them aloft in front of an eager grin.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:52 am
"Why you filthy little imp! It is our job to vote on the matter of the Dome! Might I remind you we are the Pure Council? The least genetically damaged of all the citizens of Neo-Tokyo! It is our purpose to protect the mindless savages from their own thoughtless and selfish actions. The fact that you have the sheer gall to go against the founding documents that established the governing body of the Dome is absolutely appalling! I hereby motion that Department Head Taksu be impeached from his role as leader of the Human Resources Department!" Catherine howls, her voice almost shaking the walls of the great chamber.

She collapses into her chair after her brutal speech and gasps for air. After a few moments, she delicately reaches for a glass of water and sips it elegantly. She quickly brushes her now ruffled hair and appears to more or less have regained her calm.

"What you suggest, Mr. Taksu, is, in essence, the disbanding of the Pure Council. Ms. Jichirou's proposal would have merely removed the Departments from the political sphere yet they would have carried on fulfilling their original purpose in maintaining the safety, sanctity, and purity of the Dome. What you suggest borders on treason. You should consider your next words carefully lest you be removed not only from your position as HR leader but also from the premises of the Dome." Aishi calmly and smugly responds.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 am
Taksu smiles, and glances towards a guard on the left wall in the corner of his eye, then he chuckles, "All in favor for removing the council of the pure from power, please raise your hands. And think carefully," says Taksu as he glances around the room, his gaze landing on each department head with a knowing smile, and a wink.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 am
Royik grimly smiles, and slowly raises his hand.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum